Friday, July 20, 2012

Sound is the new trend?

It's been awhile since I blog about audio stuff. But as days gone by, I saw there is a trend of people carrying a headphone on the go. It makes me think is there an on going trend for hipster? Because it looks cool?

For sure, I don't think most of them value the music quality. Because they most of them uses Beats By Dr. Dre. It looked decent and cool no doubt about that. But the sound quality doesn't much justified it's price. And the price is sky high!!

Today I went to Sennheiser shop in KL. Promoted what I'm selling and end up the person in charge is not in *Awhhh* then I had a little chat with the sales person. He told me there is an research done by someone, it shows other digital product's price had been becoming cheaper and cheaper but not for audio stuff. People used to pay very low price for a mid range headphone, but now RM200-500 are called cheap/affordable mid range headphone.

Perhaps it all comes down to the type of life people are facing now. Stressful lifestyle might need something to ease down the tense in their daily life. Music does help to relax down, maybe that why people earning big bucks willing to pay for all these equipment.

For me, yes I started to look/feel my music few years back. Because of Beats By Dr Dre! Now I'm still in dilemma on which headphone should I buy. I AM living in a stressful life though.

No comments:

Post a Comment