Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chrome VS Firefox 4.0

Few days back, I downloaded the new Firefox 4.0, so i did a little comparison on both Firefox 4.0 and Google Chrome web browser.

START UP SPEED
Google chrome is well known for being lightweight, minimalist. For a daily user that need speed no doubt chrome is the way to go. As for FF 4.0, it does become more lightweight compare to its predecessor, but still it takes around 5 sec to startup. Google need just 2 sec to pop up the browser.

BUGS?
with Google chrome, I have non noticeable bugs or failure. Everything works with wonder. However with the latest Firefox 4.0, sometimes I had problem refreshing the website. I press F5 (shortcut key for refreshing) or even clicking the refresh button, nothing happen. Maybe Firefox is still new :) but this definitely NOT a deal breaker.

MARKET SHARE
after so many years of competition. Firefox still hold the bigger market share in the web browser market compared to Google chrome. As at February 2011 . For me, this had create a bigger debate between which is better. Fanboy vs Fanboy?

VERDICT
As for me, I still prefer to use Google Chrome, as it gives many application that you can sync with your android phone. And you can search whatever more easily with the so called "multi-function" address bar. Maybe I'm becoming a fanboy but if your PC/laptop doesnt have huge amount of free rams, I suggest you to use Chrome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment