Monday, September 17, 2012

Starting my life as a consultant

Last thursday was my first step/day to become a consultant. I had training for my last whole week, however it doesn't really cover anything technical. In fact all the training is about skills/ attitude. For me is more like a psychology class instead of a proper training, but I couldn't find anything irrelevant to my life to become a great consultant.

Firstly is all about the attitude, idea for being a consultant you must have passion for your job. But then again, for whatever thing you are going to do in this world you need that passion/ determination. And the trainer/big boss also mention that we must be a person that LOVE people especially when you are in a industry of managing people. I find it kinda odd, how do you define LOVE in this? Could it means that I need passionate of helping people to get jobs?

Anyway, attitude does plays a big part in a Company, everyone wish to hired something who is passionate enough in what they are doing, from my perspective it's because these are the people that doesn't really care what you throw as them as long they finish their work. *cost saving*

Another thing that they really stress on is the word you use in your conversation, let there be same meaning but different words use at different occasion will lead to different ending/ thinking. This is crucial to get attention from your respective clients. Recommend, Suggest, Proposed are powerful words that makes your mind suddenly open up to listen without even you noticing it.

Anyway is just my first 2 days, I seriously hope that I can learn more from my day to day job. And of course seeking my passion is one of the major factor too.

No comments:

Post a Comment